• 470 g (1 lb) ground chicken breast
• 3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons mirin, or sweet wine like Riesling
• 1 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 small zucchini, chopped
• 120 g (4 oz) sliced water chestnuts, chopped
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 8 romaine lettuce leaves
• 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Combine chicken, 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a bowl and mix to coat evenly.
2. Add remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, mirin, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sesame oil into a separate bowl, then stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, stir water into the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch then stir into soy sauce mixture made in Step 2. Set sauce aside.
4. Preheat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir fry chicken until fully cooked. Remove to a plate then set aside.
5. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a wok, then add zucchini, water chestnuts, and green onions. Stir fry until zucchini is crisp-tender, then add garlic, and stir fry for an additional 30 seconds.
6. Add chicken back into wok, then pour in sauce from Step 3.
7. Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, then let cool slightly before serving over lettuce, and topping with chopped peanuts.