Makes 10 bars
• 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 1/2 cup whole almonds
• 1/2 cup pitted and diced dates
• 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1/3 cup dried sour cherries (coarsely chopped)
• 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (coarsely chopped)
• 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
• 1/4 cup honey
• pinch of salt
1. Line the bottom of a 20 cm ( 8 in) square pan with parchment paper.
2. Spread oats and sesame seeds in a skillet, and toast gently under low heat until slightly
browned, stirring constantly. Scrape oats and sesame seeds into a large bowl.
3. Spread almonds on the skillet in a single layer. Toast lightly until fragrant and browned.
Allow almonds to cool, then coarsely chop, and add to oats.
4. Add dates, cherries, and peanuts to the large bowl.
5. Heat the peanut butter, honey, and salt in a small saucepan, stirring until warm, but not
boiling. Pour the peanut butter and honey over the mixture in the bowl stirring until it’s
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then add dark chocolate chips before mixing again.
7. Transfer the mixture to the square pan, and pat it down so it’s as flat as possible. Freeze
the granola bars for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the freezer, and cut into bars.
*Always store granola bars in the refrigerator.